Technologist Diploma (TD) in Geoinformation Production & Management
The aim of the Technologist Diploma Course is to achieve competence in the technology of integrated geo-information production (data acquisition, information extraction, information presentation, databases and spatial information systems).
Focus On People
Upon completion of the course participants will be proficient in principles and techniques of geo-information. He/she should be able to
- Implement and supervise geo-information production systems and quality control systems.
- Use appropriate integrated geoinformation production technology for a selected application;
- Identify appropriate data sources and evaluate products/services performances;
- Implement quality assurance/control systems; etc.
Curriculum Structure and Content
The course is structured into three semesters continuously over 18 months. The description of the courses is presented in the following section
To be eligible for admission into the TD Programme, applicants should have:
- A Technician Diploma or a National Diploma with Upper Credit in related disciplines including Remote Sensing, GIS, Cartography, Surveying and photogrammetry, Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or equivalent; and
- O’ level credits in English, Maths
The programme is 18 months duration.
To be eligible for the award of Technologist Diploma in Geo-Information and production management, students must have:
- a minimum of 50 % pass in all courses and satisfactory pass in General study courses;
- must have accumulated at least 72 course units;
- successfully passed two seminars;
- successfully completed a research project
- fulfilled all other conditions as prescribed by the Academic Board
Your Content Goes Here
METHOD OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Candidates must submit duly completed application forms to the Centre not later than the 30th of May of the intended year of study for courses beginning in October of Every year
Successful applicants should report at the centre with the following documents:
- Certificate of medical fitness from a recognized Public health Institution;
- Statement of support by candidate’s financial sponsor/Employer (where applicable)
- 2 passport-size photographs of the candidate; and
- Photocopies of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other credentials including transcript of academic records, original copy of which shall be presented on arrival at the Centre.
Private Candidates or Candidates Sponsored by Non-Member States
All private application forms (including non-residential courses), duly completed and signed by applicants, should be returned directly to the Executive Director of the Centre.
Candidates Sponsored by Member States
In order to be eligible for AFRIGIST fellowship a prospective candidate is encouraged to obtain nomination from his/her country’s Respective member in AFRIGIST Governing Council (Benin, Burkina, Cameroon, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria and Senegal). Fellowship covers tuition accommodation, feeding stipend and other allowances.
Candidates can also seek support, scholarships and fellowships from national and international organisations such as State Governments and Departments, Ministries and agencies, Educational Trust Fund (ETF), Petroleum Trust Development Fund (PTDF), Shell or other oil companies, UNDP, DFID, IFRA, UNESCO, Ford Foundation, etc.